مطلوب موظف اردني الجنسية للعمل لدى منظمة اكتد الفرنسية براتب ١٠٥٩ دينار + تامين + ضمان
REACH GIS Officer
- REACH is currently recruiting for a GIS Officer to join the REACH Syria mission as part of the Camps and Displacement Unit.
- Under the supervision of the Unit Manager and REACH GIS Specialist the GIS Officer will support on mapping, remote sensing and spatial analysis tasks. In addition the GIS Officer may be called on to support Project Focal Points with technical tasks at other stages of REACH Research Cycles (including supporting teams during data collection, translation, data cleaning, analysis, production of information products).
- The overall goal of the GIS Officer will be to provide additional technical capacity within the Camps and Displacement Unit, and the broader REACH Syria team to deliver accurate and timely remote sensing/spatial analysis outputs allowing for improved efficiency of REACH assessments/research cycles.
The REACH GIS Officer will be responsible for :
- Preparation, conceptualization and production of maps;
- Identifying and accessing map information sources;
- Ensuring accurate linkages between spatial databases and assessment data;
- Ensuring that all produced maps meet the requirements of REACH and concerned partners;
- Monitoring accuracy of data collected through spatial checks;
- Provide spatial analysis and ad-hoc mapping support for supplementary products developed by the assessment team.
Confidentiality and Data Protection
- The REACH GIS Officer will maintain the strictest confidentiality of data and processes. He/she will actively take measures to prevent the unauthorized sharing of information and data.
- GIS support to Camps and Displacement Unit
The REACH GIS Officer (GISO) is responsible for supporting the Camps and Displacement Unit with mapping, remote sensing and spatial analysis tasks adhering to REACH requirements, values and processes.This may include supporting Project Focal Points with the cleaning of large datasets through spatial data quality checks; visual interpretation of satellite imagery adhering to interpretation guidelines, implement machine learning models for detection, preparation of mapping outputs for REACH products following REACH and partner organisations graphic charter/style guides.
- Jordanian Citizenship
- Excellent academic qualifications including degree in GIS or a related discipline (Geography, Geomatics, Environmental Engineering,Environmental Sciences);
- Minimum 2 years of experience in GIS / Database management;
- Previous experience with mobile data collection (ODK, ONA, KOBO) a plus;
- Experience with the Adobe Suite, particularly Illustrator and InDesign a plus;
- Experience with remote sensing analysis a plus
- Experience writing/editing scripts with R or Python a plus;
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel required;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Prior knowledge of the Syrian context an asset;
- Fluency in English required;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic monthly salary of 1059 JODs
- 6 months contract (renewed based on performance & buget)
- Social Security
- Health Insurance
- 2.0 days monthly paid leave